VCA® and VCA-CV:
Monitor and Control of Contaminants in Your Fuel
The VCA® (Velcon Contaminant Analyzer) uses laser sensing technology to insure that the fuel being loaded onto commercial airliners is clean and dry. In the event of wet or dirty fuel (or both), the system can act as a final stage quality check downstream of last filtration, shut down the fueling operation, and alert the user with a minimal amount of contaminated fuel reaching the plane.
* U.S. Patent No 7,518,719
- Completely transparent and contained operation: initiation of operation by internal flow switch and “in-situ” calibration that does not require removal for service
- Ability to differentiate between water and solid particulates for proper contamination alert levels and a more efficient diagnosis of contamination source
- Automatic shutdown will stop flow as soon as wet or dirty fuel is sensed
- PC Based GUI
- HAZ LOC Cert
- AC-DC Voltage Converter
- 15 Feet (4.5m) Cable Length
- 9-36 VDC, 18W
- NEMA 4x enclosure w/alarm light (IP65)
- Screw connect hazardous location cabling
- Key switch available
- Alarm / Deadman with off signal
- 12 VAC, 0.8 – 1.2A – Output
- Visual Alarm
- Must have access to deadman control
- Real-time GUI
- Real-time RS-232 (8N1) Data stream, optional
- Real-time data telemetry (GPRS), optional
VCA-XX Part Number Breakdown:
where XX can be any of the following:
- 03 – 3” (78 mm) diameter
- 04 – 4” (102 mm) diameter
Other sizes available. Please contact us for additional details.
For Explosive HAZ certification, add "EX" to the end of the model number (VCA-03EX).
VCA-CV - Fuel Quality Assurance System
U.S. Patent No. 8,498,750
2008 Energy Institute Innovation Award Finalist
For the VCA-CV,the VCA® instrument is integrated into the outlet side of the CLA-VAL flow control valve body. Due to the unique features of the CLA-VAL flow control valve, the VCA® can be automated to begin function when the flow control valve is actuated (when flow starts). If the concentration of either free water or solid particles exceeds quality limitations, the VCA can automatically stop flow at the control valve. The VCA has been extensively field tested, and the CLA-VAL control valve is an industry standard. The combination of these two products into one will extend the versatility and flexibility to any type of fuel system. The VCA-CV also fully complies with the current EI 1598 technical specification.