Fuel Condition Monitoring & Control
The ability to measure and monitor the quality of the diesel fuel throughout the process is key to assuring the fuel being delivered continually meets specification. Parker Velcon products for in-process fuel monitoring allows you to ensure that fuel quality meets your equipments' operating specification.
We offer a range of products that help you clean fuel and test to assure the system is operating to specification.
VCA — Velcon Contaminant AnalyzerDownload Catalog
Full-flow real-time simultaneous monitoring of solid and water contaminants.
Parker Velcon VCA offers the only sensor available that can simultaneously measure and instantaneously report solids and water in the diesel fuel flow path.
- Fuel quality accountability upon receipt
- Record of fuel quality at dispensing point
- System alarm or shutdown when fuel contaminant levels exceeded
- Vehicle Warranty Conformance by assuring fuel meets ISO 4406 and ASTM D975 Cleanliness Standards
- Fuel system peace of mind with real-time constant monitoring of your fuel condition
- Flange Sizes: 3 & 4 in. (Other sizes available. Please contact Velcon.)
- Contamination Measurement/Standard:
- Particulates in Milligrams Per Liter and ISO 4406 Reference Codes
- Water in Parts Per Million
- Data Output
- PC-Based Interface (GUI)
- Local Data Storage: downloadable to USB storage device
- Additional SCADA Integration (optional)
- Cellular Telemetry (optional)
- E-mail Reports
- Global Reach
IPM™ — Integrate Particulate Monitor
Parker Velcon IPM Series represents the most up-to-date technology in solid particle contamination analysis. The IPM is a compact, permanently-mounted laser-based particle detector module that provides a cost-effective solution to fluid management and contamination control.
The IPM measures particle contamination continuously utilizing the Parker IcountPD (IPD), updates the display, and outputs ISO code values to an RS-232, CAN bus or Cellular (GSM) Data Acquisition Module.
The laser based, leading-edge technology is a cost effective market solution to fluid management and contamination control.
- Independent online monitoring of system contamination trends
- Cost effective solution in monitoring fuel cleanliness and reducing machine downtime
- LCD display with alarm output warnings
- Continuous performance for dependable analysis
- Diesel, kerosene fuel compatible construction
- Self-diagnostic software
- PC/PLC integration technology using Data Acquisition RS-232 or CAN bus output
- Reporting interval through visual display, RS-232, CAN bus or Cellular data acquisition module
The IPM measures particle contamination continuously updates the display, output options and limit relay every second, and does not perform a “one-off” test. This means that even if the Measurement Period is set to 60 seconds, the display, output and limit relay all report the presence of dirt in the oil in just a few seconds—it does not wait until the end of the Measurement Period before reporting the result.
The IPM has just one setting to control the accuracy, stability and sensitivity of the measurements and that is the “Measurement Period.” This can be set from five seconds to 180 seconds. The longer the Measurement Period, the more contaminant is measured, averaging out any spikes seen on a smaller sample. The shorter the Measurement Period the more sensitive the IPM is to variation of contaminant level, but also the performance on clean systems can be reduced. Thus, the user can select how sensitive the IPM is to spikes of contaminant, and how quickly it responds to contamination levels above the set point (“limits”).
The Measurement Period is factory set to 60 seconds, updated on a second by second basis, giving an effectively continuous readout of the level of contamination.
The benchtop solution to fluid contamination bottle sampling
- Quick sample bottle analysis with variable test time options from 15 seconds and volume capacities from 25ml
- Repeatable and re-producible result performance to ISO4406:1999, NAS1638 AS4509E and GOST 17216:2001 (Differential and Cumulative) particle count distributions
- On-board compressor and ‘shop’ air capability
- Environmentally controlled frontloading bottle chamber
- Selectable 12-language instruction manual menu
- Analysis of fluid moisture and temperature capability
- icounBSplus has the capability for on-line fluid measurement configuration as well as off-line fluid sampling
- Design concept allowing for portability. DC and rechargeable battery pack power option built in
- CE compliant
- Fluid resistant touch type screen panel
- On-board thermal printer
- 500 test memory (fully downloadable)
State-of-the-art Fuel Contamination Monitoring The first fully functional particle counter approved for use on fuels.
- Two minute test procedure
- Fully manufactured by Parker with 20 years experience in the Particle Counter
- Measuring market
- Laser optical scanning analysis
- Multi-standard ISO cleanliness reporting
- On-board, rear-mounted pump enables monitoring possibilities. For example: Fuel storage/vehicle tanks and fuel storage drums
- Latest averaging software as standard
- Downloader software
Portable Condition Monitoring for Fuel Systems
- Fluid viscosity as high as 300cSt (usable range) will be able to pass through the detector at the proper flow rate
- Quick connections for testing hydraulic fluid online and offline
- Reporting Standards ISO4406:1999, NAS1638 and RH% moisture sensor display in high intensity OLED format
- Data Storage up to 250,000 test points of information
- Compact, lightweight and robust, truly portable IOS makes field analysis simple, quick and easy
- Able to sample directly from a hydraulic reservoir, barrel and vehicle fuel tank or from a high pressure, online hydraulic system with the addition of a pressure reducing adaptor
- Completely self contained, with laser detection particle counter (icountPD), rechargeable battery and flow management pump
- No special software needed
- Embedded web page generator for data download onto any PC or laptop via a universal RJ45 connection interface
- Fast detection of the presence of contamination with a sampling period from 5 seconds to 999 seconds