Load Tap Changer Filter Systems
On-Line Oil Filtration for Load Tap Changers, Regulators and Circuit Breakers
On-Line Oil Filtration for Load Tap Changer Compartments
The Parker Velcon TP3 was developed in response to the utility industry’s desire to reduce operation and maintenance costs and increase system reliability. On-line oil filtration has proven to be an effective means of combating LTC problems. Tap changers retrofitted with a TP3 enjoy the following:
- Consistent high oil dielectric strength
- Extended maintenance/inspection intervals
- Reduced contact wear and coking
- Extended oil life
- Reduced contact erosion via reduced restrikes during tap changing
The Parker Velcon TP3 is recommended for installation on tap changers that:
- Perform a high number of operations
- Exhibit consistent sludging conditions
- Have a high tap to tap voltage difference
- Require frequent attention
Quality components and comprehensive design features have made the TP3 an industry standard for on-line filtration. All components are fully enclosed in a heavy duty cabinet. Operation of the unit is unattended and controlled by a user programmable timer. 3 gpm flow rate keeps turbulence in the reservoir to a minimum and allows for maximum filter life.
- Automatic Shut-off (MK2 & MK3) – Pressure switch turns the system off when filter is plugged. Relay can be wired to remote alarm or indicator light.
- Oil Make-up – LTC reservoir can be topped off using 3- way valve oil make-up port.
- Hour Meter (MK2 & MK3) – Records run time of system to assure user of consistent operation.
- Timer (MK2) – 24-hour mechanical timer can be set for hours of daily operation.
- Flexible Operation (MK3) – Digital electronic timer can be programmed for multiple operating sequences. Internal battery keeps program in memory during power loss.
- Flow Rate: 3 gallons per minute (USGPM).
- Cabinet: Painted grey acrylic, easy-opening handle with lock and 3-point latch, with louvers and filters.
- Pump: Heavy-duty, self-priming positive displacement gear pump with built in pressure relief valve.
- Piping: Stainless steel tubing, JIC hydraulic fittings. External connections are 1/2” female NPT.
- Filter Vessel: Velcon Model VF-71E with manual vent and static pressure gauge, is polyester powder coated internally and externally. No tools required for filter changeout.
- Filter (Not Included): Use Velcon model FO-718PL1/2 comes installed for removal of carbon contamination.
- Sight Glass: 150 psi maximum working pressure for oil flow indication.
- Electric Motor: 1/2 hp, 120V, 1-phase, 1740 rpm, TEFC.
- Control Box (MK2 & MK3): NEMA 12 with high pressure switch, latching relay, magnetic contactor, hour meter, and manual starter/disconnect with 10 amp heater overload.
- Power Requirements: 120 vac, single-phase, 10 amps.
|Model||Fan||Timer (Dig)||Timer (Mec)||Heater||Sight Glass||Reverse Pump|
|FO-718PL1/2||Filter Cartridge, box of 6 ea (or:)|
|FO-718PLP3||Filter Cartridge, box of 6 ea (or:)|
|AC-7181/2||Aquacon® Cartridge, box of 6 ea (or:)|
|AC-718P3||Aquacon®Cartridge, box of 6 ea (or:)|
|SD-718P3||Superdri® Cartridge, box of 6 ea|
|G-1016||Filter Housing Lid Gasket, 1 ea|