Small Portable Oil Filter Systems
Portable Filtration Units for Oil Velcon's MP Series Portable Systems provide a variety of options for your filtration needs.
Heavy Duty Portable Handcart Filter-Pump Removes Water and Dirt from Oils
- 5 gpm flow rate
- High performance filter cartridge choices: - Aquacon® water “lock-in” plus dirt removal - 5000 square inch high-capacity dirt filter
- Rugged welded steel construction
- TEFC Motor
The MP5 is a compact, portable filter system designed for use at the site of contaminated oil. It is easily wheeled to the sump or reservoir by one person. The MP5 is completely self-contained and requires only electricity for operation. Standard features are listed on the reverse side. Note that the unit incorporates a reliable gear pump with an integral pump pressure relief valve to prevent system over-pressure. A selection of high performance filter cartridges is offered for use with the MP5. Cartridge changes can be made in only a few minutes.
MP5s can be used with injection molding machines, mobile hydraulic equipment, small transformers, circuit breakers and various other types of equipment. Applications are as follows:
- New Oil – Even new drums of oil are sometimes contaminated with dirt and water. The MP5 can remove this contaminant as it pumps the oil out of the drum.
- Machine Oil Reservoirs – Good preventative maintenance practices include the routine filtering of used oil. This recycling procedure also extends the useful life of the oil.
- Spilled and Leaked Oil – The MP5 can recover and recycle contaminated oil which would normally be discarded.
Types of Oil Include the following:
- Hydraulic Oil
- Lube Oil
- Insulating Oil
- Cutting Oil
- Circuit Breaker Oil
- Quench Oil
- Turbine Oil
Standard features, all MP5 Models
- 5 gpm flow rate
- Powder coated interior and exterior
- 100 psi design pressure
- Welded steel construction
- 10” semi-pneumatic wheels
- Self-priming positive displacement pump with built-in pressure relief valve
- Static pressure gauge – indicates need for cartridge change
- 1⁄2 hp, 115V, 1-phase, 60 Hz, 10 Amp TEFC motor
- 10 ft. 3-wire power cord
- 10 ft. inlet and discharge hose, 3⁄4” I.D.
- 3⁄4” NPT male fittings on hose ends
- Suction Y-strainer mounted at pump inlet
- Weight: 116 Ibs.
- Shipping weight: 139 Ibs.
- Height: 38”; Width: 131⁄4”; Length: 26”
The MP5 portable filter accepts all Velcon standard 618/718 size cartridges. Contact your local Velcon representative for a complete listing of available cartridges and their applications.
- Dirt Removal: For particulate solids, use FO-718PL Series large surface area pleated media cartridges, available in micron ratings from 0.3 to 50. For colloidal contaminants, FO-618FGA Series Fiberglass depth cartridges, available in micron ratings from 5 to 25, are recommended.
- Dirt and Free Water Removal: Use Aquacon® AC-718 super absorbent cartridges to remove up to two quarts of free water and also filter particulate solids. Available in micron ratings from 0.3 to 5.
- Dissolved Water Removal: Use Superdri® cartridge model SD-718 to remove dissolved water from insulating oil. Specify Flow Control Bypass option to reduce 5 gpm flow rate to 3 gpm recommended flow rate for SD 718 cartridge.
Filter Cartridge, box of 6 G-1045 Std Buna-N Filter Housing Lid Gasket, 1 ea (or) G-1045A Viton-A Filter Housing Lid Gasket, 1 ea